Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Icon Reflection

In this project I realized that when writing I think of a few good ideas and write them all down into a big sentence that doesn’t make any sense. After I write down my stuff I can reread it and make it sound better but if I’m in a hurry and don’t have a chance to reread something it doesn’t turn out too well. Once that is done my writing turns out ok but before that I’ll probably not get to well of a grade.
Well I don’t know if this is a technique but I had two things and at the end put them together and related them. I started out with me and when I was a kid, then switched over to my icon Nikola Tesla some basic info on him then. Then I went back to me using his inventions and how his inventions changed my life. So separate at the beginning but at the end you see how they relate.
If I had time for one more draft I would probably make it longer and just reread it again. For my final I was still in a little bit of a hurry so I didn’t get to make sure everything was good. Also mine felt a little short on how he related to me but I was almost going over the page limit already. Also have had some more people read it then just one person, since I missed school on that part I didn’t get to many of critiques. I think “I didn’t think too much of it but sure enough the radio was playing music and I was having fun.” was a good sentence because it is a good intro to my paper. It also relates to both parts of my essay before I talk about either one too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment