Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Final Result of Icons project


Artistic Statement
Eli Barber

I was sitting on the counter listing to the radio eating an orange for a snack. I didn’t think too much of it but sure enough the radio was playing music and I was having fun. Most people don’t think about it they just hit the radio on during driving, wanting to dance, or just bored typing up an artistic statement. We didn’t get wireless electricity or the radio by evolution but by some one taking time and trying to master the inventions.
There are some people that are very skilled at this and one of them is Nikola Tesla. Nikola invented many things including AC (alternating current) electricity. He sold the patent to Westinghouse and with that money he invented the radio upon many other things.
Ever since I was a kid I listened to the radio. Whether it was my favorite band or not I was able to enjoy it. From rock n roll, rap, hip hop, jazz, pop, and country doesn’t matter what it wouldn’t be near as popular if we didn’t have the radio to spread them around. Music always helped pass the time on long car trips, painting my houses, or working on a car. It also kept me out of trouble from fighting with my sister. It just seems to make time fly. If you’re in a bad mood just hit a button and the radio is on and it can change your mood fast, to make you feel better. Also if we need one thing we just run to the store and almost instantly have it. We don’t have to do anything no work just to get it that one item. In our school the kids use radios and listen to music as they work or our teachers use it was in example. One time I was painting on a hot day. Just having headphones on and listing to the radio helped make the painting more enjoyable and the time go by quickly. I was painting from board to board and up and down on the ladder getting red paint on my cloths and yet I was still enjoying the music. The painting turned out well and my parents paid me an acceptable amount so I was happy. With money I got I could go out to buy music and games. Playing video games and listening to music is a big part of my life. It passes time and a lot of people do both so more people can relate with each other. Liking video games I started to wonder how they got games on a little tape. I started to wonder more and more how they work. From then on I always asked how things worked and tried taking them apart, yet I didn’t always figure out how to put them back together.
Now I enjoy helping my dad repair cars, the house, and many other items in need of repair, learning more from each experience. Without having a radio to listen to and enjoy I possibly would have not have persevered in what I was doing. Who knows my experience in one of these things could possibly lead into a future career in engineering, mechanics or a number of technician jobs and this could significantly change my future.

Bibliography


Tesla Memorial Society of New York. Dr. Ljubo Vujovic. Web. 15 Sept. 2009.

.

"Tesla - Master of Lightning." PBS. Web. 15 Sept. 2009. .


No comments:

Post a Comment