Thursday, September 3, 2009

American Icons




The American Flag represents America since it's our flag and it makes people feel patriotic. This icon is important to citizens of America because it represents them all and even additional for the military.
This icon became very important to the American culture since it represents freedom for the citizens. Not freedom for just a few things but for voting, freedom of speech, and much more. When i see the flag it makes me feel patriotic and reminds me of our country.










GOOGLE is a search engine that a lot of people use in America and in our school. It represents how high tech the world is. People can find almost anything on this search engine which shows that any one could have a purpose for it. It is also free and not reserved for the high class that has money but any one that wants to know something. Its importance to America is that it is filled with links to about USA how it came to be and also info on anything else.
It's important to me because I use it a lot and it helps me almost every day through random events. Maybe I have trouble spelling a word or I want to looking up some lyrics for a band, it gives me the answers I am looking for.






Nikola Tesla the inventor of electronics. This guy doesn't just relate to America but the world and almost every one uses what he invented. This guy should be every ones icon because of his inventions even though not too many people think of him as they use his idea's. He invented AC electricity, the radio, wireless electricity, and other things as well but i'll stick with these. Like google even the radio is a common item that most people can acquire and use for cheap. He has effected me majorly since I would not listen to near as much music or do as much electronics if he hadn't invented these items. Also with out wireless electricity we might not be where we are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment